Wednesday, March 16, 2011

JESUS AVERTS FIRE OUTBREAK

I don't know why am being reminded about this testimony but it took place some years back.

I had returned early from work because my children's nanny did not come to work. Pressed with preparing launch and the kids for Tuesday Bible Study that we call Spiritual Clinic, I hurriedly made a meal of noodles the quick way and hurried the children through their bath. Every step of the way, I was playing the Mum in the Dad's way.

Having cooked the noodles, I now realised that there was no protein in the mix. Then I put the kettle back on the fire and dropped two eggs into it. At this time the noodles were already on the table and I forgot that the eggs were still on the fire. In my thinking, they could eat the meal first and then the eggs would be ready by the time they'd finished with their meal.

Poor me. I forgot all about the eggs as soon as they finished their meal and hurried them out. We were already on the road when I remembered.  It was one of those terrible days when Lagos traffic is a jam. On this day, the traffic was so bad that I could not turn nor even find a space to park my car. My choices were limited. I thought of leaving the car there with the kids inside but it cut no ice. What about getting somewhere to park and then do what with a three year old boy and his four year old sibling? Could there be an alternative? I found none. Now, I knew I was in deep trouble. I hollered at those in front: no one seemed to care in the world about my dilemma. I must have the image of a loose nut (a mental case of sorts) but if there was ever a case of the devil and the deep red sea, this was it. Should leave the infants in the car and run home in order to go put off a fire I was sure had started? The little amount of water I reasoned was sufficient to cook two eggs would by then have dried up. See my cross?

After fretting and cursing and raging, I recalled a testimony I once heard about how God had saved a family from fire. This woman had used petrol for kerosene and had used kerosene for petrol. She had successfully cooked dinner with the stove and her husband had turned the entire four litres kerosene into their generator. It was the failure of the generator to start that alerted the family to the fact that there had been an swap. To confirm the mix up, they checked the now cooling stove and found the very highly flammable petrol coolly resting in the stove tank and it dawned on them that God had just taken them through a Daniel in the Lion's den experience. That was what made to start praying by asking God to intervene and make my case another such uncommon testimony. I asked that God should just do what only Him can. I prayed that I would not burn down another man's house when I had yet to build mine and on and on went my prayer.

To God be the glory, He rose up on my behalf and performed His miracle.


After almost 45minutes or one hour this journey of about 10minutes ended. Immediately, I left the kids with a Sister in the church grabbed a bike and ordered him to race to my house. To the glory of God, I got home only to find that God is truly amazing.

The fire was gone, the eggs were cooked and there was still fuel in the tank. To confirm this miracle I noted that the water had barely finished when the fire went out. No other person had entered the house as we left and my doors were firmly locked when I returned.

Now for some time this week, this testimony has been playing around my mind and the Lord was insisting that I post it online. Perhaps there is someone who will be encouraged to trust God more and believe Him to take her through that impossibility after reading this testimony. I don't know why God wants me to post this testimony many years after it occurred but be sure that Jesus loves you and wants to encourage to look up to him today. God bless you and turn your trial into a huge testimony today. Jesus loves you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment